EARA COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Contract: Permanent, full-time (35 hours a week)
- Salary: Up to £32,000, depending on experience
- Benefits: 25 days paid holiday per year, employer contribution to pension
- Located: Central London
- Reports to: EARA Communications and Media Manager
- Applications sent to Kirk Leech firstname.lastname@example.org
European Animal Research Association (EARA)
EARA is a communications and advocacy organisation whose mission is to uphold the interests of biomedical research and healthcare development, in the use of animals for research. EARA provides a platform, across Europe, for the public and other external stakeholders to be informed and learn about the role of animals in scientific research and the benefits and limitations. Being a European-wide membership organisation, EARA also encourages the creation and development of national networks of stakeholders and improves the co-ordination between them.
Under the management of the EARA Communications and Media Manager, the principal duties will include:
Social media: Generate ideas, opportunities and content to highlight EARA’s work, ethos and areas of concern to its target audiences via EARA’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube).
Website: Assist in the commissioning, writing and editing of the EARA website, the weekly EARA News Digest and the quarterly Partner Newsletter.
Media: Assist in responding to media enquiries, contribute to press releases and briefings as appropriate, conduct daily media monitoring, assist with the production of promotional materials.
Contact database: Maintain EARA’s Customer Relationship Management database.
Undertake other reasonable tasks, associated with a membership association, as required.
- Experience of science communications, media relations, social media for business and website administration
- Preferably an academic background in life sciences or science communications.
- An understanding of the scientific, ethical and moral justification for animal research.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritise workload and maximise the use of time.
Additional desirable requirements:
Written and/or verbal competency in another European language
To be able to work occasional evenings and weekends
Willing to undertake occasional travel in Europe
Relationship Management database experience
Familiarity with the use of graphics and tools such as Photoshop, Canva etc.
Please email your CV and an accompanying cover letter explaining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘EARA Communications Officer’. Please also give an indication of when you would be available to start work.
The application deadline is Thursday, 14 February, 17.00pm GMT.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.