We are looking for a talented intern to assist our communication and advocacy activities in Germany. It is essential that the candidate fluently speaks and writes German.
The intern will assist the Executive Director of the European Animal Research Association in communications and advocacy projects in Germany. The project officer intern will have an understanding of the issues (political/cultural/scientific) surrounding animal research and will understand the need for humane animal research in Europe. They will have excellent German written and verbal communications skills. Database management skills would be an advantage.
EARA has been established to inform the European public on the continued need for, and benefit of, the use of animals in biomedical research. It seeks to provide support, advocacy and reliable communication on behalf of public and private researchers at both national and European levels.
Your tasks will include:
- Assisting in developing and promoting pro-active communications initiatives in Germany
- Creating engaging content for our German social media channel
- Engaging with elected politicians
- English/German translation
Your skills will include:
- Fluent German (spoken and written)
- A good understanding of the important role of animals in biomedical research
- Ability to communicate scientific topics in an engaging way
- Good interpersonal skills; a feel for diplomacy and tact
The candidate will be required to work for a minimum of 3 days per week (with the possibility to expand to 5 days) a week in our office in Clerkenwell, London. The post will require foreign travel.
Salary: £10 per hour, minimum 3 days a week, at least until December 2016.
To apply: Send your CV and any relevant examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 September 2016, 5 pm GMT+1.